Solarwinds references

From: kyle Hailey <kylelf_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 10:49:05 -0800

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day. I'm wondering if anyone here has experience using Solarwinds and would be willing to share their thoughts on the product and its pricing? I'm trying to get a better understanding of the market and what people are looking for in terms of monitoring products, specifically in terms of price and functionality. I know that historically Oracle has been quite expensive, and doesn't support Standard edition. I've heard that some people are moving to Standard edition because of the economy and not having the performance pack. I'm curious to hear what kind of monitoring functionality people are looking for, what they currently pay for, and what they would be willing to pay for a third-party tool.

Thanks
Kyle

PS Hello everyone, for those of you who may not know me, I have been working in the field of database monitoring for the majority of the past 20 years. I had the opportunity to redesign Oracle OEM Performance pages with John Beresniewicz in the early 2000s, and then continued to work on similar projects at Embarcadero from 2005 to 2010. After that, I was part of the team that designed Performance Insights at Amazon RDS from 2016 to 2021. Currently, I am working at Datadog, where I am involved in developing monitoring solutions and I am interested in understanding the current needs and preferences of customers in the industry.