Re: RMAN Restore/Duplicate without Catalog

From: Sanjay Mishra <"Sanjay>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 21:07:19 +0000 (UTC)

 Thank Mladen
Does this mean that we cannot restore the database to a different name on the same server when Catalog is not used?

    On Friday, November 25, 2022 at 02:36:15 PM EST, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote:

   On 11/24/22 23:19, Sanjay Mishra (smishra_97) wrote:

   I was checking the error and found that  From the documentation : BACKUP LOCATION backup_location :     Specifies the backup location on disk where the backups and copies of the database to be duplicated have been placed. This option is valid for     duplication without a target or a recovery catalog connection.    Any suggestion please
  Sanjay

You should restore the database, not duplicate it. SET DBID, as Hemant suggested, should be used so that TSM can find the most recent backup of control file. For duplication, you need catalog. It cannot be done without catalog.

 --
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant