Re: Question on data corruption or cyber-threat

From: Lok P <loknath.73_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 23:51:41 +0530

Hello Mark, Can you please elaborate a bit more on the below point. I am still struggling to understand regarding the "who" Column. Do you mean logging audit information like who inserted/updated/deleted data by maintaining a column created_by or modified_by users in tables which may be populated by triggers etc and then checking if those users are outside entity?

"*A key piece of minimizing the challenge is having “who” columns (see Oracle’s E-biz suite for a decent data model with respect to the “who” columns) and a policy to log transcriptions of any changes made outside of applications that utilized whatever “who” column system you adopt. Then at least you might have a control on total transactions versus tables via each application, and if those total don’t match up you get a clue.** key piece of minimizing the challenge is having “who” columns (see Oracle’s E-biz suite for a decent data model with respect to the “who” columns) and a policy to log transcriptions of any changes made outside of applications that utilized whatever “who” column system you adopt. Then at least you might have a control on total transactions versus tables via each application, and if those total don’t match up you get a clue."*