OBIEE Question

From: Scott Canaan <srcdco_at_rit.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 15:09:49 +0000

I am not familiar with OBIEE. Is there a way to use your own SQL in an OBIEE report? We have a report that is not returning the correct values and the SQL is so convoluted that it is taking a long time to figure out what the issue is. The customers are getting frustrated. I was able to get the correct answer in a much shorter, easier to follow SQL. I've been told that OBIEE does not allow you to supply your own SQL for it to run. I find that hard to believe (but I probably shouldn't). Is there a way to do that?

Thank you,

Scott Canaan '88
Sr Database Administrator
Information & Technology Services
Finance & Administration
Rochester Institute of Technology
o: (585) 475-7886 | f: (585) 475-7520
srcdco_at_rit.edu<mailto:srcdco_at_rit.edu> | c: (585) 339-8659

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.