RE: Client Connection Issue

From: Jeff Smith <jeff.d.smith_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 21:32:33 +0000

Have you checked the alert logs?

Or tried enabling session trace?

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of Scott Canaan Sent: Monday, November 14, 2022 3:56 PM
To: 'oracle-l_at_freelists.org' <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: [External] : Client Connection Issue

We have a couple of clients that are having difficulty running SQL in the database. They can connect to the database via SQL Developer. I see their connections and they can see the tables. When they try to run a select statement, they don't get any results, just the message "Connection Closed". Other users can log in and run the SQL without issue, on the same server. When I look at the audit table in the database, the users that get the error have a "Logoff by cleanup" status instead of a clean logoff. All of the users are logging into the same Windows server and using the same SQL Developer install. This is Oracle 19.16 on Red Hat 7, with a Windows 2012 server as the client. The customer is convinced that this is a database issue, possibly related to the update of the sqlnet.ora settings on October 29th. I don't see how that could be the case, since they do get a connection to the database. But, I can't see what it could be. It is frustrating everyone.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Scott Canaan '88
Sr Database Administrator
Information & Technology Services
Finance & Administration
Rochester Institute of Technology
o: (585) 475-7886 | f: (585) 475-7520
srcdco_at_rit.edu<mailto:srcdco_at_rit.edu> | c: (585) 339-8659 CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.