Re: Insert query slowness

From: yudhi s <learnerdatabase99_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 01:05:42 +0530

Trying to see what all can be done to improve this batch insert performance. Apart from making the index unusable and loading the table. Is there any other option? Currently we have ofe 11.2, will it be making it 19.0 will help it anyway?

On Mon, 31 Oct, 2022, 12:05 pm yudhi s, <learnerdatabase99_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Andy. Actually the inserts are currently happening in batch only
> from ETL tool informatica , with a batch size of 60 to 70. But as I
> mentioned each if those batch used to take <5milli sec which is now taking
> double the time and the dba_hist_sql_stat showing it's mostly the cpu time
> component which has been increased for each of those batches. Do you mean
> by increasing the batch size further we may see benefits? But yes, app
> development team stating they don't have control the batch size but
> informatica does it's own.
>
> On Sun, 30 Oct, 2022, 10:24 pm Andy Sayer, <andysayer_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You will potentially make a lot of that time back by converting to using
>> array binds for your large inserts. Once you do that, make sure you compare
>> rows processed to cpu time rather than executions to cpu time. Your
>> legitimate single value processes won’t change but they’re only taking
>> 10ms, which isn’t going to be noticeable.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andy
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 30, 2022 at 2:50 AM, yudhi s <learnerdatabase99_at_gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you so much Dominic and Malden.
>>>
>>> We raised a case with Oracle. It appears post 19.15 db patch and the
>>> grid patch, some additional functions get executed behind the scene as
>>> below and thus overall cpu times becomes higher for the data load queries.
>>>
>>> Also there appears to be a hardware issue with one cell server in this
>>> full rack system and also it's a X3 machine with image 19.2.9.0 with
>>> write-though flash cache mode, so we may have to change it to write back to
>>> help the write queries/DML performance.
>>>
>>> _at_
>>> 0x14cfb24d<-ksdxcb()+2254<-sspuser()+213<-__sighandler()<-write()+16<-sdbgrfuw
>>> _at_
>>> f_write_file()+59<-sdbgrfwf_write_file()+66<-dbgtfdFileWrite()+714<-dbgtfdFile
>>> _at_
>>> AccessCbk()+848<-dbgtfPutStr()+576<-dbktPri()+144<-ksdwrf()+640<-ktsp_dl_auto_
>>> _at_
>>> align()+1382<-ktspfsrch_array()+3301<-ktspscan_bmb()+3004<-ktspgsp_main()+1060
>>> _at_
>>> 6<-kdzh_setup_blkarray()+455<-kdzhailseb_dml()+1904<-kdzhcl_dml()+206<-kdt_hcc
>>> _at_