Re: encryption software's

From: Tim Gorman <tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 17:55:33 -0700

Narisetty,

I think your only options for encrypting data at-rest with Standard Edition is to have your application code use either the built-in DBMS_CRYPTO package or the even-older built-in DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT package.  Tim Hall's oracle-base.com website has a good description of both starting HERE
<https://oracle-base.com/articles/10g/database-security-enhancements-10g#dbms_crypto>. I'm guessing that the performance impact of using either of these packages can be significant and noticeable, depending on how frequently it is used.

If you're seeking only to mask data and not encrypt it, you might consider looking at the Data Masking pack in Oracle Enterprise Manager (HERE
<https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/manageability/data-masking-pack-11gr2-datasheet-128617.pdf>). Masking is a slightly different use-case than encryption, and doesn't always require decryption.

Hope this helps...

Thanks!

-Tim