Re: [External] : Re: What's that line again about 'best practices'?

From: <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 21:42:00 +0100

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 1:39 PM Chris Taylor < christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> The SSM is convoluted as heck for users to get an SSM session then get an
> ssh tunnel opened back up to your machine you download/upload trace files,
> patch files etc.
>
> Chris

Not sure I buy that Chris.

Which is better "here, let me email you that file that enables you to get access to the host" or "this is the role you need to get access to the host"

If you want trace/alert files - send them to cloudwatch log groups (again these should be role protected)
If you want an ssh tunnel *aws ssm start-session --target "INSTANCEID" --document-name AWS-StartPortForwardingSession --parameters "portNumber"=["22"],"localPortNumber"=["22"] *

None of that seems convoluted to me.