Re: sqlnet.ora Issues

From: Jon Crisler <joncrisler_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2022 23:48:44 -0400

I forgot to mention that the issue is only with the CRYPTO_CHECKSUM_* settings. If you updated the server side parameters to include the older CRYTPO_CHECKSUM_TYPES that worked previously, then it should work. Having the user upgrade to the 19c client should work, but this assumes that the user's program is actually using the client, rather than its own Perl DB module or embedded jdbc jar. SImilar issues will also occur if you are using older OJDBCx.jar files, usually older than ojdbc7. A more complex workaround could be to use a different listener / port / directory structure to route only that application to the 2nd listener, with relaxed CRYPTO_ settings. But that is not really better than changing the sqlnet.ora for the primary listener. In the end, the proper fix is at the users application, otherwise you are bringing the security level of the entire DB down to the least-common denominator.