Re: Oracle Wallet

From: Øyvind Isene <oyvind.isene_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 11:47:52 +0200

Did you verify the certificate you are adding? If it is x509 you can display it with

openssl x509 -in claws_pvt.pem -text -noout

To show the content of the wallet

orapki wallet display -wallet ebsadevl_wallet

I always store ssl certificates in a wallet separate from db-wallet and tde-wallet, in the UTL_HTTP-package you can set the path to the wallet as a parameter. Also if you are using UTL_HTTP, only the root certificates should be necessary. When I run into problems with certification validation problems in PL/SQL I use the EXECUTE DBMS_SESSION.RESET_PACKAGE; after each change I do on the wallet. Sometimes it is easiest to just start over with an empty wallet (this is material for a blog post, I have seen some strange behaviour here). Either create a new one or delete the certs in it:

orapki wallet remove -wallet . -trusted_cert_all

I use this command to add certificates:

orapki wallet add -wallet $PWD/ssl -trusted_cert -cert filename

--
Øyvind Isene
+47 90864882