Re: Question - service_names in RAC/Exadata/Cloud having full domain name - can that be disabled somehow?

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 12:11:42 -0400

I see that it comes from having DB_DOMAIN specified in the database.

That explains why some of our services on RAC don't have a domain appended to the end of the service (as the database for those services has db_domain set to null)

Kind of interesting [to me] at least.

Makes managing tnsnames services with failover entries a bit easier when you don't have to manage separate db_domains (or we probably should have set db_domain to be the same everywhere).

Thanks,
Chris