Re: Tuning 'Alter Modify" column

From: yudhi s <learnerdatabase99_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 15:28:29 +0530

Okay. Actually I ran it as below. And I did test it with parallel and noparallel on dev on a ~2million row table and both are taki9ng same amount of time. So it means the parallel one is not really helping.

alter session force parallel ddl;
alter table tab1 parallel 16;
alter table tab1 modify COL1 CHAR(9 BYTE);