Re: AWS DMS with ASM database

From: Sanjay Mishra <"Sanjay>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 14:00:26 +0000 (UTC)

 Can we have Redo logs on both ASM and ACFS/NFS? If this works then will see if AWS DMS can use ACFS/NFS to read the online log and avoid ASM sysasm role. Any comment TxSanjay

    On Wednesday, August 3, 2022 at 02:38:42 PM EDT, Jeremiah Wilton <jcwilton93_at_gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi Sanjay,
What O/S and database version are you moving from? On AWS, what are you moving to? Self-managed Oracle on EC2? RDS Oracle? Some other database like Postgres? If it's just Intel Linux Oracle on prem to Oracle on EC2, you can just use standby database, no need for DMS. Thanks
Jeremiah
On Wed, Aug 3, 2022 at 11:27 AM Rajeev Prabhakar <rprabha01_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Sanjay,
For ACL, does this oracle support document help ? Doc ID 1596265.1
Rajeev

On Aug 3, 2022 at 12:25 PM, <Sanjay Mishra> wrote:

Hi
Has anyone used Oracle migration to AWS using DMS where Oracle is using ASM storage? We have over 100s of the database on share ASM storage and moving only a few to AWS. DMS tool needs SYSASM access which can be a security issue as ASM is shared with multiple other databases.So need some opinion on the following 1. Can we create some ACL kind of permission to create ASM user and restrict the access to only set of files like Arch/Redo destination ?2. Is it good to move Redo/Arch for AWS migration to ACFS or NFS ? Any pros and cons? TxSanjay