Re: [External] : sqlplus set feedback ONLY questions when hitting 12.1 database

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 14:51:11 -0400

This might have been a stupid question actually because I realize I mixed some thoughts (I blame it on a bad headache)

I was thinking about a pl/sql script that executes a SQL statement so there's no output returned to the screen - in *that *case, there's no fetch done.

Such as:

declare
v_sql clob;
begin
select sql_text from dba_hist_sqltext into v_sql where sql_id = 'xxxxxxxx'; execute immediate v_sql ;
end;
/

That pl/sql executes the sql text, but doesn't perform a fetch - which is what I was thinking of if rows weren't returned to the calling client.

I should log off and go rest my head.

Chris