Re: Shared pool error even it shows enough free memory

From: Lok P <loknath.73_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 17:54:34 +0530

DBA_HIST_MEMORY_RESIZE_OPS shows it (shared_pool_size) keeps trying to "grow" continuously but endup in status 'ERROR'. I am also seeing initial_size, target_size and final_size all noted as 14GB for all those trials. And similarly db_cache_size is going through "shrink" operation continuously and showing status as 'ERROR'. initial_size, target_size and final_size are all noted as 25GB.

We have shared_pool_size set as 8GB. We have memory_target and memory_max_target set as 0. Sga_target and sga_max_size both set as 40GB, dba_cache_size set as 13GB. Should we bump up db_cache_size to more?