Re: Nested loop cost looks too high on 19c

From: Pap <oracle.developer35_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 14:29:30 +0530

Yes Jonathan, as I had just replied couple of minutes ago it's a 24/7 data load table and stats gather happens manually throughout the scheduled job. But the test system is the one which has been restored from production only. But I doubt that stats gather job is really running there as because data load is not happening in that system 24/7 as it's in production. And so ideally statistics should not change/differ untill someone has manually gathered and 19c algo took effect on the num_distinct value. And so I am thinking, how safe is it to just update the num_distinct at the global level for that column to the same value as that of 11.2 system? Or will it be overridden when next partition gather happens.