Role of DBA Changing

From: nilesh kumar <nileshkum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 17:37:11 +0530

Hello Gurus,

As the DBA Job roles are changing in the current market, what is going to be the new Job role for the DBA's ?

Should the DBA take up the course on data science and become a database site reliability engineer ? Or we should opt for Cloud technologies and become the Solution architect.

I am DBA with 15 yrs experience and added SQL database admin as another skill along with the Oracle. I am also a bit confused as the JOBS for the DBA's are almost freezing and how do we survive in the market going forward.

Any comments or suggestions which would really help us all.

--
Thanks & Regards
Nilesh

"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness
surrounding it."--Einstein
"All men die, few men ever truly live" -- Braveheart
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot
by yourself, sitting alone in a room." --Dr. Seuss
"Know me for what I do and for not what I am. Judge me for what I can do

and not for what I have done."-Unknown
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may
not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."- Albert Camus
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat
you with experience." - Unknown -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l