Re: ora_reco process throwing ORA-12154 TNS error

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 16:20:59 -0600

I tried rolling back the transactions, but got the error that there were no prepared transactions. I also tried the purge, which also failed. Since the clone was a dev database that we didn't want touching production, I did not want to commit anything. The end users had already handled those transactions from the source production database.

I was told by our support vendor that all I had to do was create a new UNDO tablespace and that would fix everything. It did not. Got rid the of the rollback segment that needed recovery, but I still had RECO spitting out TNS errors. I finally found an article that walked me through various scenarios to ascertain the best way to fix a variety of issues with pending 2PC. The ultimate solution was to delete the LOCAL_TRAN_IDs from the sys.pending% tables. I was then able to proceed with my post-duplicate procedures without error.

Thank you to everyone for your responses.

Sandy

--
Sandy B.