Oracle 21c (again)

From: Scott Canaan <srcdco_at_rit.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 12:57:59 +0000

Now that I understand the new location of the init.ora / spfile, I've created the database. I'm trying to run the catcdb.sql script. In 19c, it asked for passwords for sys & system, for the temp tablespace name, and directory and filename for the log file. When I run it in 21c, I get the following error:

SQL> set define $
SQL> host perl -I $rdbms_admin $rdbms_admin_catcdb --logDirectory $1 --logFilename $2 >& $error_log_catcdb Enter value for 2: catcdb.log
/bin/ksh: /tmp/catcdb_ship_err.log: bad file unit number

I've opened an SR with Oracle, but that's going nowhere as all they keep asking for is log files and there aren't any. I put this exact information in the SR and they asked for the /tmp/catcdb_ship_err.log file, which obviously doesn't exist based on the error message. Clearly, they haven't read what I put in the SR.

I've tried giving it the log file directory and name when I call it and get the same error.

Any ideas what is going on and how to fix it?

Scott Canaan '88
Sr Database Administrator
Information & Technology Services
Finance & Administration
Rochester Institute of Technology
o: (585) 475-7886 | f: (585) 475-7520
srcdco_at_rit.edu<mailto:srcdco_at_rit.edu> | c: (585) 339-8659

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.

image001.gif
(image/gif attachment: image001.gif)