CommVault : Oracle Restore to another server (Windows)

From: Hemant K Chitale <hemantkchitale_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 11:44:44 +0800

We have CommVault running Database Backups for Oracle on Windows.

In order to restore a backup to another server, where we want to rename the database (SID and DB_NAME) (eg from PROD to UAT), can CommVault handle it ? Do I need to manually create the parameter file and service on the destination server ?
Does CommVault use the destination ORACLE_SID (i.e. can we provide a different SID from that on the Source) ? Can it restore to an alternate Drive (and/or split datafiles among multiple drives) on the destination server ?

I do know have access to CommVault administration, scripts and logs but I understand that it invokes RMAN to backup datafiles, controlfile and ArchiveLogs.

Hemant K Chitale