Re: Occasional insert slow down with CBC waits.

From: Goti <aryan.goti_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 16:33:22 +0530

HI Jonathan / All,

We have noticed that the DB where we are having this issue, the LOB segment size is more than 200GB. This database is part of Goldegate replication, and the replicated database also has the same table and LOB segment where the LOB segment size is less than 100GB. The record count for both the tables match and they are in sync. The retention settings for the securefiles on both the database is AUTO and the UNDO retention for both the DB is also set to 3 hours. What could be the possible reason for this one database alone having the large LOB size? Could that also be a contributing factor for the slowness that we are observing? Also I have suggested the application team have their inserts moving to one instance of RAC node to avoid the cross chats between the RAC instances.

Thanks,

Goti