Re: read_only_open_delayed

From: Jonathan Lewis <jlewisoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 14:06:54 +0100

It has occurred to me that I saw a bug note a few months ago about FOB allocation in the DGA. I can't find it now (and I wasn't looking for it before so I don't know why it showed up). It might be worth checking immediately after startup if there are any unusual wait events or activity stats or latch operations that might be related to FOB or DGA.
There's a parameter _fob_dgalloc (default true) which might be relevant - but it's been around since 12.2 so if your timing problem only appeared in a recent upgrade then it's probably not connected.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis