Re: read_only_open_delayed

From: Jonathan Lewis <jlewisoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 10:09:02 +0100

I think the last time I used this feature was on an Oracle 10g system, and I don't recall seeing (or hearing later) any problems with it. It was part of handling some very large range-partitioned tables where each tablespace held the partitions for a given date (can't remember if it was daily or weekly now) and I think the point was that the oldest partitions /tablespaces were read-only and not queried very much hence the obvious choice of strategy.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis