Re: notifications from ONS in Oracle Restart when the node dies

From: Mark Burgess <"Mark>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 15:34:36 +1100

Weblogic by any chance? If not then take a look at this:

https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-database/12.2/jjdbc/JDBC-support-Oracle-FAN.html#GUID-069265AF-BBEE-4682-9906-98D8429BFC1C Oracle JDBC Support for FAN Events

If Weblogic then have a look at using the GridLink data source - this will let you setup the JDBC data source in WLS as a subscriber to the primary and standby ONS config.

Just been through a testing cycle with this setup on 19c RAC primary and standby and it works really well. The WLS connection pools automatically detected the different ONS events across each site and adjusted the connection pools accordingly.

Regards,

Mark