Create common user in all PDB's

From: jacques kostic <jacques.kostic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 16:23:22 +0100

Hi there,

Here is a nice one:

Customer is under Exadata CS, 2 nodes with 10 cores in each node. He has a CDB with more than 2'500 PDB's.

He needs to patch the Exadata CS tooling and during the patching a common user is created into all PDB's.
At this point, the CPU goes bananas and the process stops with ORA-12805 (os related)
The system is just overloaded!

Am I wrong to say that this Create common user goes in // on all PDB when add container=all?

We could split the process and proceed by chunks but of course we cannot touch the patching scripts...

Any way to avoid this // create common user processing?

Cheers
jko