Re: SQL Profile and baseline

From: Dominic Brooks <dombrooks_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 20:23:37 +0000

Aside from the whys, I would say yes but I can think of at least two exceptions: 1. Where the sql profile is there to prevent a parsing cpu problem or any other parse issue 2. In some parallel execution situations, I’ve had issues with baselines getting consistently downgraded where a sql profile consistently wouldn’t.

Cheers
Dominic

Sent from my iPhone

On 1 Feb 2022, at 18:06, Hameed, Amir <amir.hameed_at_sleepnumber.com> wrote:

Hi,
As a general guideline, once a SQL profile provides an optimal execution plan for a SQL, is it okay to create a baseline for that SQL and then drop the SQL Profile? The DB version is 11.2.0.4. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Amir