Re: Long Parse Time for a big Statement

From: Jonathan Lewis <jlewisoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 15:26:15 +0000

If Lothar can query v$sql the way you've suggested then looking at typecheck memory is worth doing; though it does need to be after an attempt to execute the query since EXPLAIN PLAN behaves differently from the parsing for execution so a positive check for TCHK won't necessarily prove anything. The other detail to watch out for is whether it will be necessary to query x$glob for the correct columns as the statement might not be revealed in v$sql if it fails parsing.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis