Re: Long Parse Time for a big Statement

From: Jonathan Lewis <jlewisoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 14:06:23 +0000

 If this is a common problem, and not susceptible to SQL Patch treatment, or the addition of /*+ no_or_expand */ hints at the start of the query pattern, then you could brute force it by setting "_no_or_expansion" to true if you can identify the sessions that need it, or just set it system-wide. You should get much faster optimization times - though the 55 way union all would have to be optimized in 55 parts.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis