RE: catcdb.sql fails with ORA-12269: client uses weak encryption/crypto-checksumming version

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 09:32:31 +0100 (CET)

Hello Nenad,

> Not sure what’s the difference.

"connect / as sysdba" uses the OS auth mechanism ($ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/config.c -> #define SS_DBA_GRP “dba”) and "connect SYS/"manager" AS sysdba" uses the username/password mechanism.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher Website: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK