Re: Shared Pool Question

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 22:45:35 -0500

On 11/30/21 10:31, Scott Canaan wrote:
> What was actually happening was a daily export was running and ran
> out, so there isn’t much that I know that can be done with that.

Well, there are actually two things you can do about that:

  • Increase the shared pool so that it doesn't run out of space, using V$SHARED_POOL_RESERVED and V$DB_OBJECT_CACHE to give you an idea by how much do you need to increase it.
  • Open a case with Oracle Support. If expdp keeps failing, that's the case for Oracle Support.

Also, you may want to reconsider daily exports. I am using rman backup only for my development databases. If I need a copy from the last year, I will spin a new VM, restore Avamar backup from the last year and have a database up and running in 8 hours. I am also coordinating with my developers and whenever a big change is needed, I create a guaranteed restore point for the particular PDB. Exports are clumsy and cumbersome. Flashback pluggable database or rman restore are much, much better.

Regars

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant