Re: ODA Time Zone

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 15:32:39 -0500

On 11/11/21 14:31, james Jose wrote:
> We have recently bought two node cluster ODAs and we are running
> oracle 12c and the configuration of ODA is given below,
>
> ODA X8 2 HA High Availability Configuration.
>
> Oracle had set it up on the wrong time zone and one is on EST time
> zone and another is on MT.
>
> Seems like changing time zone on ODA is challenging one and oracle is
> not able to help us yet. any tho

Clay told you how to use timezonectl. That command actually does a symbolic link from /usr/share/zoneinfo to /etc/localtime. Here is what it looks like on my system:

[mgogala_at_umajor ~]$ ls -l /etc/localtime lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 38 Dec  8  2020 /etc/localtime -> ../usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York

For the mountain time, you could use /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Denver

The timedatectl command set-timezone actually removes /etc/localtime and replaces it with the link to the specified time zone. That's an old Unix system administration practice, before RHEL 8 decided to replace everything by simple commands like timedatectl, hostnamectl and resolvectl. For those who are still editing /etc/resolv.conf, you should be using resolvectl instead. Did I mention that I absolutely despise systemd?

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant