Re: Fixing Performance issue with less selective columns

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 15:57:40 -0400

Yes, that is true. I did use them nevertheless, with overestimating the size of data with the same cluster key. I am aware of the space waste caused by this but the situation in which I used them was precisely what you described: I needed to speed up resolution of a single query condition. I didn't care about anything else. That is why I stipulated that only the OP can do cost-benefit analysis. Neither you nor me know exactly how the table is used. We are discussing a single query.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant