Re: Single Sign on with Radius

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_dxc.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 18:59:30 +0000

Never used Radius but by any chance did it change or otherwise modify the SYS account password? Can you get a sqlplus /nolog, connect / as sysdba session? If yes, can you try altering the user SYS password to what it should be and see what happens? Did you try to dump the resource information via srvctl for the database?

Mark Powell
Database Administration
(313) 592-5148

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Mark Davidson <wdavidsmc_at_gmail.com> Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2021 12:33 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Single Sign on with Radius

Hi All,

I'm running an X5.2 ODA, linux 6, Database 12.1.2, Grid 18.3 We have a need to use Radius for single signon to our databases. This is working. My issue is now SRVCTL and OAKCLI have issues when stopping/starting/creating databases. The error is:

$ srvctl stop database -db <test>

PRCR-1133 : Failed to stop database indtest and its running services

PRCR-1132 : Failed to stop resources using a filter

ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

CRS-2675: Stop of 'ora.test.db' on '<host> ' failed

Has anyone ever run into this issue? Both commands were working just fine before testing with Radius.

Cheers,

Mark