Re: Turn off Partitioning

From: Jonathan Lewis <jlewisoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 11:53:59 +0100

That's a good point - if you've used partitioning there will be entries (deleted) in tabpart$, indpart$ et. al. So maybe after a re-install you'd need to create an empty database and move the data from the old to the new (transportable tablespaces seems the best option for that).

Another thought that's just occurred to me that if you're licensed for the diagnostic and performance tools, and even if you do nothing but keep a history of optimizer statistics there are some sys tables that will be partitioned (by setting an event when the tables are created, I think) so if you remove partitioning from the excutable what happens to them. (Perhaps the "part_off" library has a run-time check that may allow only SYS to create and use partitioned tables).

Regards
Jonathan Lewis