RE: July PSU Issue

From: Scott Canaan <srcdco_at_rit.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 11:20:09 +0000

I did get the SR opened, eventually. I had to start over once I got the information they requested gathered.

Scott Canaan ‘88
Sr Database Administrator
Information & Technology Services
Finance & Administration
Rochester Institute of Technology
o: (585) 475-7886 | f: (585) 475-7520
srcdco_at_rit.edu<mailto:srcdco_at_rit.edu> | c: (585) 339-8659

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of Leng Burgess Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 10:57 PM To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: July PSU Issue

You can always call into the support center by phone to log an sr. You just need a valid csi. Sent from my iPad

On 11 Aug 2021, at 10:21 am, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com<mailto:gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>> wrote:

I got

Bug 26354844 - FusionApps Code With a JDBC Thin Connection Reports ORA-7445 __intel_ssse3_rep_memcpy (Doc ID 26354844.8)

Bug 26354844 FusionApps Code With a JDBC Thin Connection Reports ORA-7445 __intel_ssse3_rep_memcpy

That doesn't seem relevant. How are you trying to open a SR? I usually do it from my Chrome browser. This is the first time I heard of Oracle error while trying to open a SR. On 8/10/21 1:35 PM, Scott Canaan wrote: We’ve installed the July PSU and have been testing and found the following issue:

When attempting to change the sys password, it generates an ORA-07445:

SQL> alter user sys identified by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
alter user sys identified by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel Process ID: 15559
Session ID: 263 Serial number: 7056

In the alert log, I see:

ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [__intel_ssse3_rep_memcpy()+9660] [SIGSEGV] [ADDR:0x1C] [PC:0x6F3861C] [Address not mapped to object] []

I am trying to create an SR, but it keeps returning an error 504, so I can’t get that done, either.

Has anyone run into this? Is there a fix or workaround? We have production patching scheduled for Saturday morning, so this is urgent.

This is 19c (19.12.0.0) on Red Hat 7.

--

Mladen Gogala

Database Consultant