Re: Hybrid data guard on premise to Oracle Cloud

From: Ls Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 09:31:01 +0200

Hi Jeff

Yes, patching is really concerning me because windows and linux have different patches plus how can we run datapatch for both platforms!

Oracle is trying to sell Cloud to my customer and the sales guy tells him that many Oracle customers run windows on premise and linux in Cloud with heterogeneous configuration. In
https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/availability/hybrid-dg-to-oci-5444327.pdf states that this is also possible but nowhere says how to deal with patching.

Thanks