Re: dblinks to cloud instance

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 10:49:03 +0800

Latency is a cloud killer :-)

This is not to say it can/should not be done, but typically you'll want to give some thought to app design to accommodate it.

eg if you're going query a table "n" times over the course of a certain time duration, perhaps drag the table (or subset) down to the local node once into a local table or mview, and then use it.

One risk of cross-database joins is the optimizer making the decision on where to do the join - driving_site can mitigate this risk to some degree.

--
Connor McDonald

"If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room."
- Jayne Howard

*Fine print: Views expressed here are my own and not necessarily that of my
employer*