Aw: Re: Online Table Reorg

From: <rogel_at_web.de>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 08:37:24 +0200

Hi,

I am not aware that "alter table move" would be able to invalid any dependent objects, so in my opinion, 3.) is not needed, 1.) and 2.) would suffice (for "basic" tables of course).

Regards, Matthias

Gesendet: Dienstag, 06. Juli 2021 um 01:39 Uhr
Von: "Leng Burgess" <lkaing_at_gmail.com>
An: Atul.Choudhary_at_guitarcenter.com
Cc: "ORACLE-L (oracle-l_at_freelists.org)" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
Betreff: Re: Online Table Reorg
Hi Atul,

Here are some simple steps for basic tables:

1) ALTER TABLE move
2) rebuild unusable indexes
3) recompile invalid objects

Non-basic tables like IOT, LOBS, partitioned tables will have to be done a little differently

Cheers,

Leng.

On 18 Jun 2021, at 1:36 am, Atul Choudhary (Redacted sender "Atul.Choudhary" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org> wrote:

Wanted to check if anyone has tried online table reorg.   ? What are the steps ?  I was looking for all steps.
-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Jul 08 2021 - 08:37:24 CEST

Original text of this message