Re: Odd wait event freezing database

From: Lok P <loknath.73_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 20:07:11 +0530

This doc states the wait event as 'enq-ct state' so its not matching with our symptom. And also saying it was fixed in version11.2.

However, with our current symptoms(BCT buffer space waits followed by reliable messages) we have experienced improvements in the past by increasing size of - _bct_public_dba_buffer_size but not any effect with increasing size of _bct_buffer_allocation_max. So trying to understand the difference between these two parameters and why oracle suggests each time to bump _bct_buffer_allocation_max but not the other one( _bct_public_dba_buffer_size) which really helped us in past?