Re: Recommendation for Oracle Monitoring tool

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 00:38:29 -0400

I can attest to that. One of my clients is running Foglight and they are very happy with it. To my knowledge, they are using it to monitor 4 Oracle databases and a gazillion of SQL Server databases. The tool is very responsive and customizable.

Disclaimer:

I do NOT work for Quest. I am only an admirer.

On 4/21/21 4:13 PM, Clay Jackson (Redacted sender Clay.Jackson for DMARC) wrote:

Disclaimer – I work for Quest, and also used Foglight as a DBA/DBA Manager at several other companies before coming to Quest in 2012.  I’ll admit to being biased.

That said, Kyle’s article is still pretty valid – there have obviously been improvements and additions since that article; the biggest is probably the replacement of Performance Analysis with Performance Investigator, more functionality and better performance.

Yes, we can monitor Oracle, SQLServer, MySQL, Postgres and several other databases.

If you’d like a demo and a free trial of Foglight, or access to our virtual lab; please contact me off-list.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant

Original text of this message