Re: SSH error deploying agent in OEM

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 09:43:36 -0500

I found this in /var/log/secure. Does this mean the high ports are blocked? (changed ip addresses and names for security reasons):

Apr 15 08:47:55 hostname sshd[28686]: Did not receive identification string from 10.x.x.x port 48424
Apr 15 08:47:55 hostname sshd[28687]: error: maximum authentication attempts exceeded for oracle from 10.x.x.x. port 48426 ssh2 [preauth] Apr 15 08:47:55 hostname sshd[28687]: Disconnecting: Too many authentication failures [preauth]
Apr 15 08:47:55 hostname sshd[28689]: error: maximum authentication attempts exceeded for oracle from 10.x.x.x port 48428 ssh2 [preauth] Apr 15 08:47:55 hostname sshd[28689]: Disconnecting: Too many authentication failures [preauth]

--
Andrew W. Kerber