Re: Slow running Delete query for same data volume

From: Pap <oracle.developer35_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 11:37:57 +0530

Thank you Tanel. I tried using devent_hist script for those two different ~15minutes durations (i.e. slow vs fast) without putting any filter on the event and attached the output. I see in the slow period a lot of back related waits though and also if I see "cell multiblock physical read"around ~60% of the time it was showing the response time >60milli sec. So it does show that in that slow period "cell multiblock physical read" was impacted. Db file parallel write was also shooting till ~512milli milliseconds.

Now as it seems quite appealing that backup caused the pressure on storage and thus decrease in response time of the IO requests. And also Mladen pointed out some backup which may not be the regular DB incremental backup though because I don't see(from v$rmana_backup_job_details) that DB RMAN incremental running during that point in time. And that backup is something related to the ASM file system related backup, so where can i confirm that exact backup was started and thus we impacted? And i have not heard of Veam backup in the past though, So is that Veam is filesystem backup but not DB backup?

Regards
Pap