Re: Oracle ODA suggestions.

From: Adric Norris <landstander668_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 11:57:05 -0500

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 10:28 AM Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I have worked with an ODA and found them extremely difficult to work with
> when it comes to patching, and the Oracle support has always seemed like an
> after thought, so I really have nothing good to say about them. Supposed
> Oracle has fixed these issues, but I dont know for sure one way or another.

We seem to hit a new and exciting failure at almost every patch cycle, requiring yet another a SR to be opened. Occasionally one gets resolved quickly, but this generally ends up delaying patching by at least a week or two. Support quality varies (Oracle does have one or two decent ODA folks), but I certainly wouldn't disagree with Andrew for the general case.

Lets just say that I'd recommend looking at all available alternatives.

--
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people
very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams