RE: [External] : Re: Data Modeling Tools

From: Jeff Smith <jeff.d.smith_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 14:36:05 +0000

SQL Developer Data Modeler has support for databases other than Oracle, and it’s free.

Erwin just changed hands again, it won’t be getting any cheaper. That’s all I have to say about that.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of Lok P Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 6:10 AM To: hostetter.jay_at_gmail.com
Cc: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: [External] : Re: Data Modeling Tools

If you are interested in pursuing it at an enterprise level with all sorts of functionality supported and multiple database support etc, I believe Erwin is the one to go for.

Regards
Lok

On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 11:40 PM Jay Hostetter <hostetter.jay_at_gmail.com<mailto:hostetter.jay_at_gmail.com>> wrote:

Jay Hostetter <hostetter.jay_at_gmail.com<mailto:hostetter.jay_at_gmail.com>> 11:35 AM (1 hour ago)

to ORACLE-L

Good afternoon,

  It has been quite some time since I have had to do data modeling. I was curious to know what tool most folks are recommending these days? Many years ago I used S-Designor, which became Sybase Powersoft. I see that TOAD has a tool as well. I was just looking for some opinions.

Thank you,
Jay Hostetter