Re: Space reclamation

From: Lok P <loknath.73_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2021 21:41:11 +0530

Thanks Much. So it seems the tabe shrink keeping all the parameters default(like pct free 10 etc) won't give us much benefit as that will eventually grow to the same size after some days because of the nature of the data pattern. But i was afraid if any negative effect would be there if going outside the given defaults, but as you suggested and i am also seeing we have many of the tables which are insert only type of transaction tables and are read heavily but very few Update/Delete happens on them(mostly in case of data fix etc). So is it just fine to rebuild both table and index partition with pctfree 1 and there won't be any negative impacts in future?

But from the reply it seems like , the index size reduction will have permanent impact on reducing the size and giving space back to storage. And also again this should also make the index scan faster because of the compact size post rebuild. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards
Lok