Re: 19c Physical Standby

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 19:48:19 -0500

Well, that sort of defeats the purpose. The container databases were invented for two reasons:

  1. To avoid the overhead of running several separate instances on the same machine.
  2. Because every other manufacturer had that feature. Oracle was in the bind because they were technologically behind.

I don't have a need for the Holly Hand-Grenade of St. Antioch, I am the DBA who always says "Ni!".

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant