Re: linux kernel parameters

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 00:15:00 -0500

I am not the one who has started this thread but the setting of kernel.sem to 3000 32000 3000 128 makes no sense whatsoever. Interestingly enough, that recommendation increases the size of a semaphore set and the number of semaphore sets but it doesn't increase the number of semaphores. If the number of semaphores needs to be increased, the recommendation mentioned by Jeffrey is not the way to do that.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant