Re: sqlnet more data from client per SQL

From: Rich J <rich242j_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 18:12:07 -0600

Hi Moustafa,

Does it have to be a DBA_HIST view? You could use another view that requires the same Diagnostic license pack such as (G)V$ACTIVE_SESSION_HISTORY. Join that to V$EVENT_NAME on the EVENT# columns to display whichever events or classes you like.

For what it's worth, on my 19.6 databases, the "SQL*Net more data from client" wait is classified as "Network" and not "Idle".

Rich

p.s. It looks like DBA_HIST_ACTIVE_SESS_HISTORY may also work for you, again requiring the same Diagnostic pack license to query as above. See also:
https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-database/19/dblic/Licensing-Information.html#GUID-68A4128C-4F52-4441-8BC0-A66F5B3EEC35