Re: Question on gathering System Statistics

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 19:38:13 -0500

Hi Amir,

Yes, you should collect system statistics. System statistics, among other things, calibrates the system I/O and uses it to calculate the execution plan price. If your Powermax is much faster than your VMAX, you may want to tell Oracle about that. On the other hand, if you don't do anything, the plans will remain the same but the execution will be much faster.

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant