Re: Just wondering about ORA-02391: exceeded simultaneous SESSIONS_PER_USER limit ...

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_dxc.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 15:31:12 +0000

Luis, I do not believe you could do this in an after logon trigger because I do not believe you get a successful login to begin with hence the trigger does not fire. You would need to write a logon routine that issues the login and on failure checks the return code and if ORA-02391 sleeps then tries again.

Mark Powell
Database Administration
(313) 592-5148

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Luis Claudio Dias dos Santos <lsantos_at_pobox.com> Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2020 10:21 AM To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Just wondering about ORA-02391: exceeded simultaneous SESSIONS_PER_USER limit ...

Is there way to define a logon timeout?

In detail: if some app user is about to get ORA-02391 after a logon attempt the logon process would wait for n seconds before receive an ORA-02391.

If within this n seconds some other sessions logoff the attempt would be successful...

Is this possible in declarative way? Or with a LOGON trigger?